Drinking 2-3 cups of green tea throughout the day can amaze you with its health benefits. In this post, you will know about the benefits of drinking green tea in the morning.
Before you read about those benefits in detail heres a short glimpse of all the main benefits you can get from drinking green tea in the morning:
Drinking green tea in the morning can help you boost your metabolism at the beginning of the day. A high metabolism rate helps in the fat-burning process. Green tea is also beneficial to add a natural glow to your skin and have anti-cavity properties.
You can drink green tea at many different times during the day and get its health benefits. But some of its health benefits remains highly effective when consumed in the morning.
Its best to have your first cup of green tea 40 minutes to an hour after you wake up.
For most people,the best time to drink green tea is between 8.30 11 am(assuming they wakeup in between 6.50 7.40 am.
Its recommended not to drink green tea on an empty stomach early in the morning.Some people reported it caused acidity in their stomach.
To test this out I tried drinking green tea on an empty stomach for a week or so
Personally, I alwayseat something lightwhether Im having coffee or green tea in the morning.
During that week I was waking up at around 5.40 6.30 am. And at around 7 am, I drank two cups of green tea. Before that, all I consumed was filtered water 400 ml approx.
For me it was ok.I havent noticed any major issuesor acidity problem most of the days. But one or two days there was a minor acidity problem. Now I cant say its only because of drinking green tea on an empty stomach.
I found out that if you eat your dinner late at night or eat spicy food. When you wake up in the morning theres already an acidity problem in your stomach. But you may not notice it at first.
Once you drink your green tea in the morning on an empty stomach it can trigger acidity formation in your stomach. So, after some hours when you start to feel the stomach problem you may feel like drinking green tea caused this.
The results may also vary if your blood is slightly alkaline or acidic.
If you follow a healthy lifestyle routine and maintain healthy eating then its less likely you will find any problem from drinking green tea in the morning empty stomach.
But for most people to stay on the safer side eat something light if you want to drink green tea early morning.
1. Boosts your metabolism & helps in fat burning processes.
Nowadays obesity is a common problem.
Most people in their late 20s and early 30s want to lose their body fat. Because of eating fast foods more often and living a less active lifestyle now gaining weight is not difficult. But maintaining a healthy weight & body fat is tough.
About half of Americans say theyre trying to lose weight
Drinking green tea in the morning increases the potential of your body to burn fat. It helps by increasing your metabolism rate. Which means youll burn more calories at rest and during work.
Before a morning workout drinking, a cut of green tea can help you perform better on the field and burn more fat.
Read more:7 Benefits of living a healthy lifestyle.
Drinking a cup of green tea every morning can help you in keeping your weight in check.
2. Better mental health and memory.
Drinking green tea in the morning results in better mental health and memory.
Green tea contains polyphenols that help our brain by giving a steady supply of glucose. Green tea also containstheanine, which acts as an anti-depressant. It can help to get relief from anxiety and stress.
3. Drinking green tea in the morning helps to preventtooth decay.
Green tealeaves ( leaves Of Camilla Sinensis Plant ) have someanti-cavity properties which will help you to prevent tooth decay.
Drinking a cup of tea after eating sweetscan help to prevent cavities by preventing plaque formation and inhibiting bacteria.
Drinking green tea in the morning is also good for keeping your mouth fresh.
4. Green tea helpsto reduce blood pressure.
Regular consumption of green tea can help you to naturally lower your blood pressure and maintain normal blood pressure level.
For better result drink four cups of green tea throughout the day.
5. Tones skin, hair, and muscles.
Green tea serves as a natural toner for the skin. It gives your skin a healthy glow by removing impurities.
Drinking green tea two times a day can benefit your body tissues and muscles.
Related: Benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning.
6. Drinking green tea decreases the risk of cancer.
Tea leaves are filled with many antioxidants. Especially there is apredominant of polyphenol in green tea. (EGCG, EGC, ECG, and EC).
These chemicals (EGCG and ECG) protect human cells fromDNA damage caused by reactive oxygen species. Source.
So, drinking green tea can help you in lowering the risk of cancer.
7. Helps with asthma.
Caffeine and theophylline decrease the chances ofan asthma attack for four hours after its consumption. Theophylline also used to make some pills to cure asthma.
Drinking green tea gives you relief from asthma naturally.
8.Green tea lowers cholesterol.
Drinking green tea will reduce your bad cholesterol level (LDL cholesterol) without harming your good cholesterol (HDL).
9. Green tea helps to prevent wrinkles &Combat Aging Signs
Because of its rich antioxidants, green tea helps to avoid skin ageing signs like, wrinkles, fine lines and reduces dark circles & puffy eyes.
10. Drinking green tea will strengthen your Immune System.
Because of itspowerful antioxidants, drinking green tea in the morning can help you to strengthen your immune system.
Tip: To boost your immune system take some drops of raw honey with green tea. Take it two times a day, for better results.
Read next:- How to find time to work out when you have a busy life
Go here to see the original:
10 Benefits of Drinking Green Tea in the Morning
- Green Tea Extract Market Size And Forecast to 2028 |Finlay, Akbar Brothers, Martin Bauer Group, Tata Global Beverages, Amax NutraSource Designer... - June 21st, 2022
- What is White Tea and what makes it so expensive? - Times of India - June 21st, 2022
- Beetroot Found to Be Natural Sports Performance Enhancer - The Epoch Times - June 21st, 2022
- Whats the right tea for me? - TimesLIVE - June 12th, 2022
- This Is the #1 Best Tea for Cancer Patients, New Research Suggests Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 12th, 2022
- Caffeine in Skin Care: Does It Actually Work? - Everyday Health - June 12th, 2022
- Fitness Master food philosophy, 'food combining': not the same Times News Online - tnonline.com - June 12th, 2022
- Green or Black Tea - Which is Better? - India West - June 4th, 2022
- What are the benefits of drinking tea? - indulgexpress - June 4th, 2022
- So Is Coffee Bad for You in Any Way? Here Are the Possible Benefits and Drawbacks of Drinking Coffee - Self - June 4th, 2022
- Drinking Habits That Speed Up Belly Fat Loss in Your 50s, Say Dietitians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Want to Live Longer? Keep Adding This to Your Morning Coffee - The Beet - June 4th, 2022
- Drink up, its tea-rrific - Bangalore Mirror - June 4th, 2022
- Superfoods and why you should eat them - The News International - June 4th, 2022
- 4 Drinks to Strengthen Your Bones As You Age, Say Dietitians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Consuming This Beverage May Reduce Risk of Cancers, Say Experts Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Soothing teas to deal with painful menstrual cramps - India New England - June 4th, 2022
- Green Tea and Matcha Market will witness tremendous growth and COVID-19 analysis by 2029 The Greater Binghamton Business Journal - The Greater... - June 4th, 2022
- Healthy Habits That Are Proven To Make You Look Younger Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Adaptogenic-rich Caffeinated Beverages May Help those with Fatigue According to Clarkson University Research - Clarkson University News - June 4th, 2022
- Health benefits of 'true tea' support including drink in dietary guidelines, researchers argue - FoodNavigator-USA.com - May 16th, 2022
- 5 Unexpected Benefits Of Caffeine That You May Not Know About - mindbodygreen.com - May 16th, 2022
- Does green tea help in reducing belly fat? - India Today - May 16th, 2022
- These 5 Ingredients Helped Me Improve The Texture On My Combination Skin | Femina.in - Femina - May 16th, 2022
- Green Tea vs. Coffee: Which Is Better for Your Health? - May 3rd, 2022
- Green Tea vs. Black Tea: Which Is Healthier? - May 3rd, 2022
- Can certain foods really stave off dementia? - Deccan Herald - May 3rd, 2022
- Foods That Can Cause Acne - YouBeauty - May 3rd, 2022
- The Global Green Tea Market is expected to grow by $ 5.48 bn during 2022-2026 progressing at a CAGR of 5.99% during the forecast period - Yahoo... - April 20th, 2022
- Take A Sip Of Freshly Made Strawberry Green Tea And Enjoy These Benefits | Femina.in - Femina - April 20th, 2022
- Green Tea and Covid: Is There a Relationship? - Healthline - April 7th, 2022
- 10 Japanese superfoods to boost your health - Japan Today - April 7th, 2022
- World Health Day 2022: Boost Your Health This Summer With These Immunity Boosting Foods - NDTV - April 7th, 2022
- Coffee and Ulcerative Colitis: What's the Relationship? - Healthline - April 7th, 2022
- What are the best supplements for weight loss? - Sportskeeda - April 7th, 2022
- Surprising benefits of green tea with honey - CitySpidey.com - March 26th, 2022
- Drinking habits that can speed up weight loss process - Times of India - March 26th, 2022
- Green Tea Face Mask: What Are the Benefits and How to Make ... - January 22nd, 2022
- The 21 Proven Health Benefits of Green Tea - FCER - January 22nd, 2022
- Ways Green Tea Supports Weight Loss, Says Science Eat ... - January 22nd, 2022
- 8 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Kombucha Tea - January 22nd, 2022
- Health Benefits of Green Tea Extract Cleveland Clinic - January 22nd, 2022
- Worker Claims Job 'Removed the Free Tea Flavor' Because They Were Using It in Viral Post - Newsweek - January 22nd, 2022
- The Health Benefits of Tea for Longevity - Livestrong - January 7th, 2022
- Add these 5 healthy beverages to your new year resolution & see the change | FNB News - fnbnews.com - January 7th, 2022
- Want to lose your holiday weight? 5 Teas that will help with weight management & aid weight loss - PINKVILLA - January 7th, 2022
- 7 effective tips to naturally detox your body | Loop St. Lucia - Loop News St. Lucia - January 7th, 2022
- Im a Longevity and Anti-Aging Expert, and This Is My Hot Drink of Choice - Well+Good - December 26th, 2021
- Enjoy teatime with these super healthy and delicious brews - The Indian Express - December 26th, 2021
- Tea and health - Sentinelassam - The Sentinel Assam - December 26th, 2021
- Eat These 14 Foods High in Antioxidants for Optimal Health - The Manual - December 13th, 2021
- Boost Immunity Naturally - Try These Basil (Tulsi) Drinks To Fight Infections - NDTV Food - December 13th, 2021
- Global Tea Markets Report 2021-2025 - Functional Benefits of Tea & New Product Launches Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 27th, 2021
- Pomegranate Benefits on the Skin, Know here - News Track English - November 27th, 2021
- Type 2 diabetes: The best type of foods to help lower your blood sugars what to eat - Daily Express - November 27th, 2021
- 7 'Japanese' Foods No One Eats in Japan Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - November 27th, 2021
- What Is a Superfood, Anyway? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - November 12th, 2021
- 6 Types Of Drinks That Are Good For Your Health - Salon Priv Magazine - November 12th, 2021
- Tea recipes that can help protect from the side-effects of pollution - Times of India - November 12th, 2021
- CFTRI Develops a Technology that could be a New Source of Income for Coffee Growers - Krishi Jagran - November 12th, 2021
- Sanam Company & Flora Reserve Announce Launch of First-of-its-Kind Naox Derma Triple Antioxidant Concentrate Skincare Active Technology - Yahoo... - November 12th, 2021
- Matcha vs. green tea: Differences and benefits - November 1st, 2021
- Benefits of Green Tea With Ginseng | Livestrong.com - November 1st, 2021
- Green tea discovery upends ideas about its health benefits - Futurity: Research News - November 1st, 2021
- 11 Jasmine Tea Benefits for Skin and Health - Greatist - November 1st, 2021
- Earl Grey Tea Benefits: Health, Uses, and Recipes - Greatist - November 1st, 2021
- Weight loss drink: The 8 benefits of 'one of the healthiest beverages on the planet' - Express - November 1st, 2021
- From Aiding Weight Loss To Boosting Immunity: 5 Health Benefits Of Drinking Black Tea - NDTV Food - November 1st, 2021
- Green tea catechins promote oxidative stress - EurekAlert - November 1st, 2021
- Nutritionists Say You Should Be Having This Tea Every Day Over 30 To Accelerate Your Metabolism - SheFinds - November 1st, 2021
- Are natural herbs and remedies beneficial for hepatitis C? - Medical News Today - November 1st, 2021
- How Much Green Tea Should be Consumed in a Day? Read on to Find Out - India.com - October 19th, 2021
- One Immune-Boosting Super-Ingredient Used 3 Ways: Green Tea - Healthline - October 19th, 2021
- The right time and way to have green tea for weight loss - Times of India - October 19th, 2021
- This Is Actually The Worst Tea For Your Metabolism, According To Doctors - SheFinds - October 19th, 2021
- The Global Tea Market is expected to grow by $ 16.20 bn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of 5.19% during the forecast period - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2021
- Green Tea Market 2021-2026: Size, Revenue, Growth, Share, Top Key Players, and Forecast EcoChunk - EcoChunk - October 19th, 2021
- Green tea can treat diabetes, ageing, and the right way to prepare it - Times of India - October 19th, 2021
- 3 Popular Types of Tea and Their Benefits - International Business Times - October 8th, 2021
- 7 Health Benefits of Lipton Diet Green Tea for Weight Loss ... - October 8th, 2021