To make jasmine tea, green tea leaves are usually infused with fresh blossoms from the common jasmine or sampaguita plant. The flowers are replaced a number of times until the tea gets its signature scent. Then the flowers are removed and the scented green tea leaves are dried and prepared for your cup.
Most of jasmine teas magic is in its green tea base. And as one of the most popular beverages on the planet, green tea has been studied a lot for its health benefits. Here are the main benefits backed by research.
Polyphenols called catechins are the antioxidant hero of jasmine tea. Antioxidants help protect your cells from damage and may prevent or slow the progress of disease.
A 2017 study on human cells found the catechins in green tea may have an anti-inflammatory effect on folks with rheumatoid arthritis. But, researchers noted we need more studies on green teas potential drug interactions with green tea, how much green tea helps inflammation, and if its more beneficial to drink green tea or take green tea extract capsules for anti-inflammatory benefits.
The same powerful catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) had an anti-inflammatory effect linked to a reduced risk of heart disease.
Speaking of you ticker, jasmine teas polyphenols are also linked to a healthier heart.
In a 2019 study of 30 women, participants spent 10 weeks practicing high intensity interval training (HIIT), taking green tea tablets, or both. Researchers found that triglycerides and LDL cholesterol (the bad one) improved in all groups especially in those taking tablets and doing HIIT workouts. LDL cholesterol is what can clog your arteries and lead to heart attacks and stroke.
Research from 2016 also found folks who sipped 1 to 3 cups of green tea every day had a 19 percent lower risk of heart attack and a 36 percent reduced risk of stroke.
Jasmine tea may help your smile, too.
Research shows the anti-inflammatory ECGC compounds (aka catechins) in green tea help prevent cavity-causing bacteria buildup, and green teas antimicrobial effect can target bad breath.
A 2021 study of 60 children also found that green tea extract mouthwash helped fight plaque.
Jasmine teas all-powerful ECGC content may also give you flawless skin. A 2016 review found the EGCG in green tea may help improve acne and oily skin. A 2021 review also found using green tea extract topically was more effective at treating acne than taking the extract orally.
A 2019 review looking at animal studies noted green teas antioxidants may reduce sun damage and green tea may help prevent the breakdown of collagen to help combat wrinkles. But we need more human trials to confirm this is legit and the review looked at studies using topical and oral applications of green tea.
A 2017 review found green tea may help improve memory, attention, and overall brain function. But researchers couldnt pinpoint exactly what in green tea was to thank for these benefits when both caffeine and L-theanine are known to help the brain.
Other research has also noted Jasmine teas L-theanine and caffeine content may boost your brain power.
Jasmine tea may also help your noggin steer clear from diseases that affect your brain.
Research on preventing Parkinsons disease shows the anti-inflammatory compound EGCG in green tea may improve memory and increase learning ability. Plus, theres evidence that drinking 2 or more cups of green tea a day may lower your risk of Parkinsons disease.
A 2016 meta analysis also found drinking green tea daily is linked to cognitive decline in Chinese elderly folks, but theres no way to prove drinking green tea helps prevent Alzheimers disease.
So while theres some evidence that suggests green tea may help cognitive decline and neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinsons and Alzheimers disease, we just dont have enough evidence to prove it works.
If you need an energy boost, jasmine teas caffeine content can help.
Caffeine enhances processing speed and improves long- and short-term memory. But studies have shown mixed results regarding caffeines effects on mood and cognitive function.
Watch out Neosporin, jasmine tea may help fight pesky bacteria.
According to 2019 research, topical EGCG via green tea can also combat bacterial overgrowth to help wounds heal. But we need more data to know if pouring jasmine tea on boo-boos does any good.
Drinking green tea daily is associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes and death in people with diabetes.
Green tea extract may also help your body use insulin better and lower your blood sugar levels. But this is based on folks who already have a metabolic syndrome or are obese. We could definitely use more research to prove the link.
Research has noted polyphenols like ECG and EGCG in green tea may fight cancer and regulate the growth of tumors. But, more research is needed since results of studies so far have been inconsistent.
A 2020 review found green teas anticancer effects may work specifically against lung cancer, breast cancer, esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, liver cancer, and prostate cancer. However, most of this research is via test tube and animal studies so we need more human studies.
Researchers also caution that your cup of tea will not replace chemotherapy as a cancer treatment.
Jasmine tea may help you on your weight loss journey thanks to its effects on your metabolism.
A 2021 meta-analysis of 15 studies with a total of 499 participants found green tea catechins seem to slightly increase fat metabolism. But the study that showed folks burn more calories also completed resistance exercises.
So while results like this seem promising, theres mixed evidence that shows it might be the caffeine, not green teas antioxidants that help boost your metabolism.
11 Jasmine Tea Benefits for Skin and Health - Greatist
- Green Tea Extract Market Size And Forecast to 2028 |Finlay, Akbar Brothers, Martin Bauer Group, Tata Global Beverages, Amax NutraSource Designer... - June 21st, 2022
- What is White Tea and what makes it so expensive? - Times of India - June 21st, 2022
- Beetroot Found to Be Natural Sports Performance Enhancer - The Epoch Times - June 21st, 2022
- Whats the right tea for me? - TimesLIVE - June 12th, 2022
- This Is the #1 Best Tea for Cancer Patients, New Research Suggests Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 12th, 2022
- Caffeine in Skin Care: Does It Actually Work? - Everyday Health - June 12th, 2022
- Fitness Master food philosophy, 'food combining': not the same Times News Online - tnonline.com - June 12th, 2022
- Green or Black Tea - Which is Better? - India West - June 4th, 2022
- What are the benefits of drinking tea? - indulgexpress - June 4th, 2022
- So Is Coffee Bad for You in Any Way? Here Are the Possible Benefits and Drawbacks of Drinking Coffee - Self - June 4th, 2022
- Drinking Habits That Speed Up Belly Fat Loss in Your 50s, Say Dietitians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Want to Live Longer? Keep Adding This to Your Morning Coffee - The Beet - June 4th, 2022
- Drink up, its tea-rrific - Bangalore Mirror - June 4th, 2022
- Superfoods and why you should eat them - The News International - June 4th, 2022
- 4 Drinks to Strengthen Your Bones As You Age, Say Dietitians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Consuming This Beverage May Reduce Risk of Cancers, Say Experts Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Soothing teas to deal with painful menstrual cramps - India New England - June 4th, 2022
- Green Tea and Matcha Market will witness tremendous growth and COVID-19 analysis by 2029 The Greater Binghamton Business Journal - The Greater... - June 4th, 2022
- Healthy Habits That Are Proven To Make You Look Younger Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Adaptogenic-rich Caffeinated Beverages May Help those with Fatigue According to Clarkson University Research - Clarkson University News - June 4th, 2022
- Health benefits of 'true tea' support including drink in dietary guidelines, researchers argue - FoodNavigator-USA.com - May 16th, 2022
- 5 Unexpected Benefits Of Caffeine That You May Not Know About - mindbodygreen.com - May 16th, 2022
- Does green tea help in reducing belly fat? - India Today - May 16th, 2022
- These 5 Ingredients Helped Me Improve The Texture On My Combination Skin | Femina.in - Femina - May 16th, 2022
- Green Tea vs. Coffee: Which Is Better for Your Health? - May 3rd, 2022
- Green Tea vs. Black Tea: Which Is Healthier? - May 3rd, 2022
- Can certain foods really stave off dementia? - Deccan Herald - May 3rd, 2022
- Foods That Can Cause Acne - YouBeauty - May 3rd, 2022
- The Global Green Tea Market is expected to grow by $ 5.48 bn during 2022-2026 progressing at a CAGR of 5.99% during the forecast period - Yahoo... - April 20th, 2022
- Take A Sip Of Freshly Made Strawberry Green Tea And Enjoy These Benefits | Femina.in - Femina - April 20th, 2022
- Green Tea and Covid: Is There a Relationship? - Healthline - April 7th, 2022
- 10 Japanese superfoods to boost your health - Japan Today - April 7th, 2022
- World Health Day 2022: Boost Your Health This Summer With These Immunity Boosting Foods - NDTV - April 7th, 2022
- Coffee and Ulcerative Colitis: What's the Relationship? - Healthline - April 7th, 2022
- What are the best supplements for weight loss? - Sportskeeda - April 7th, 2022
- Surprising benefits of green tea with honey - CitySpidey.com - March 26th, 2022
- Drinking habits that can speed up weight loss process - Times of India - March 26th, 2022
- Green Tea Face Mask: What Are the Benefits and How to Make ... - January 22nd, 2022
- The 21 Proven Health Benefits of Green Tea - FCER - January 22nd, 2022
- Ways Green Tea Supports Weight Loss, Says Science Eat ... - January 22nd, 2022
- 8 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Kombucha Tea - January 22nd, 2022
- Health Benefits of Green Tea Extract Cleveland Clinic - January 22nd, 2022
- Worker Claims Job 'Removed the Free Tea Flavor' Because They Were Using It in Viral Post - Newsweek - January 22nd, 2022
- The Health Benefits of Tea for Longevity - Livestrong - January 7th, 2022
- Add these 5 healthy beverages to your new year resolution & see the change | FNB News - fnbnews.com - January 7th, 2022
- Want to lose your holiday weight? 5 Teas that will help with weight management & aid weight loss - PINKVILLA - January 7th, 2022
- 7 effective tips to naturally detox your body | Loop St. Lucia - Loop News St. Lucia - January 7th, 2022
- Im a Longevity and Anti-Aging Expert, and This Is My Hot Drink of Choice - Well+Good - December 26th, 2021
- Enjoy teatime with these super healthy and delicious brews - The Indian Express - December 26th, 2021
- Tea and health - Sentinelassam - The Sentinel Assam - December 26th, 2021
- Eat These 14 Foods High in Antioxidants for Optimal Health - The Manual - December 13th, 2021
- Boost Immunity Naturally - Try These Basil (Tulsi) Drinks To Fight Infections - NDTV Food - December 13th, 2021
- Global Tea Markets Report 2021-2025 - Functional Benefits of Tea & New Product Launches Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 27th, 2021
- Pomegranate Benefits on the Skin, Know here - News Track English - November 27th, 2021
- Type 2 diabetes: The best type of foods to help lower your blood sugars what to eat - Daily Express - November 27th, 2021
- 7 'Japanese' Foods No One Eats in Japan Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - November 27th, 2021
- What Is a Superfood, Anyway? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - November 12th, 2021
- 6 Types Of Drinks That Are Good For Your Health - Salon Priv Magazine - November 12th, 2021
- Tea recipes that can help protect from the side-effects of pollution - Times of India - November 12th, 2021
- CFTRI Develops a Technology that could be a New Source of Income for Coffee Growers - Krishi Jagran - November 12th, 2021
- Sanam Company & Flora Reserve Announce Launch of First-of-its-Kind Naox Derma Triple Antioxidant Concentrate Skincare Active Technology - Yahoo... - November 12th, 2021
- Matcha vs. green tea: Differences and benefits - November 1st, 2021
- Benefits of Green Tea With Ginseng | Livestrong.com - November 1st, 2021
- 10 Benefits of Drinking Green Tea in the Morning - November 1st, 2021
- Green tea discovery upends ideas about its health benefits - Futurity: Research News - November 1st, 2021
- Earl Grey Tea Benefits: Health, Uses, and Recipes - Greatist - November 1st, 2021
- Weight loss drink: The 8 benefits of 'one of the healthiest beverages on the planet' - Express - November 1st, 2021
- From Aiding Weight Loss To Boosting Immunity: 5 Health Benefits Of Drinking Black Tea - NDTV Food - November 1st, 2021
- Green tea catechins promote oxidative stress - EurekAlert - November 1st, 2021
- Nutritionists Say You Should Be Having This Tea Every Day Over 30 To Accelerate Your Metabolism - SheFinds - November 1st, 2021
- Are natural herbs and remedies beneficial for hepatitis C? - Medical News Today - November 1st, 2021
- How Much Green Tea Should be Consumed in a Day? Read on to Find Out - India.com - October 19th, 2021
- One Immune-Boosting Super-Ingredient Used 3 Ways: Green Tea - Healthline - October 19th, 2021
- The right time and way to have green tea for weight loss - Times of India - October 19th, 2021
- This Is Actually The Worst Tea For Your Metabolism, According To Doctors - SheFinds - October 19th, 2021
- The Global Tea Market is expected to grow by $ 16.20 bn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of 5.19% during the forecast period - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2021
- Green Tea Market 2021-2026: Size, Revenue, Growth, Share, Top Key Players, and Forecast EcoChunk - EcoChunk - October 19th, 2021
- Green tea can treat diabetes, ageing, and the right way to prepare it - Times of India - October 19th, 2021
- 3 Popular Types of Tea and Their Benefits - International Business Times - October 8th, 2021
- 7 Health Benefits of Lipton Diet Green Tea for Weight Loss ... - October 8th, 2021