A simple and inexpensive drink you can buy in the local shop could help people who suffer with arthritis pain.
More than 10 million people in the UK have a form of the condition which attacks joints, but adding green tea into your diet could help manage the problem, the Express reports.
The tea - which costs 75p for 20 teabags at Tesco - may reduce symptoms of arthritis as well as help with weight- loss and skin problems: although, of course, it is no magic cure.
Read the latest health news
Experts say there is intense debate about the effects of the drink - with some university studies showing clear benefits but other research being much less conclusive.
The website verywellhealth said three cups a day of the tea could actually help reduce the risk of getting arthritis.
The health website Healthline advises people to check with their doctors, but says the drink can for many people have general health benefits.
The drink itself is full of polyphenols.
These little things are a type of antioxidant that can reduce inflammation.
They can also slow the rate of cartilage damage.
The Arthritis Foundation says polyphenols have strong anti-inflammatory properties - which is a good thing.
The drink is known for helping people lose weight - and this can also be beneficial to those with arthritis.
Why? That's because it releases pressure from the joints.
There isn't a cure for the condition but there are ways to help improve your condition and CoventryLive reported on another way recently.
Read more: The drink that lowers blood sugar levels and helps people with diabetes
Other ways to help reduce your pain if you're suffering is to add some of these into your diet:
Simple changes to a person's diet can help manage the painful symptoms.
Arthritis flare-ups are commonly caused by inflammation.
As a result, eating foods known for their anti-inflammatory properties, or foods containing antioxidants, can help to ease inflammation.
Furthermore, having a healthier diet generally can help people to lose weight.
This then has the effect of reducing some of the strain on the joints.
Osteoarthritis typically develops in people over 40.
It is most commonly seen in women.
The condition affects the cartilage - this is the flexible tissue lining your joints.
That can then make joints stiff and painful.
In severe cases, it can lead to worse.
When the cartilage becomes too worn down, it can lead bones to rub on bone.
Doctors say this is excruciatingly painful, but can also distort the shape of the joint - pushing bones from their position.
The condition most commonly affects peoples:
Osteoarthritis accounts for around nine million of the UK's arthritis patients.
Treatments can slow the condition down and reduce some of the uncomfortable symptoms.
Lifestyle changes - including dietary choices - can reduce pain and help people to manage their condition more effectively.
However, dietitian and BDA spokesperson Alison Hornby, told the Mirror in 2018 that the evidence about green tea's health benefits is inconclusive.
"In the Far East, green tea has been used as a treatment for a variety of conditions ranging from arthritis to weight loss, as well as a preventative measure for diseases such as cancer, although the evidence for the majority of these conditions is weak or lacking," she said.
"However, as a social drink, it appears to be safe in moderate amounts, so lovers of green tea can continue to enjoy it."
Keep up with all of the latest local news with our daily newsletter.
Follow this link:
The 4p drink that could help with painful arthritis - Coventry Live
- Green Tea Extract Market Size And Forecast to 2028 |Finlay, Akbar Brothers, Martin Bauer Group, Tata Global Beverages, Amax NutraSource Designer... - June 21st, 2022
- What is White Tea and what makes it so expensive? - Times of India - June 21st, 2022
- Beetroot Found to Be Natural Sports Performance Enhancer - The Epoch Times - June 21st, 2022
- Whats the right tea for me? - TimesLIVE - June 12th, 2022
- This Is the #1 Best Tea for Cancer Patients, New Research Suggests Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 12th, 2022
- Caffeine in Skin Care: Does It Actually Work? - Everyday Health - June 12th, 2022
- Fitness Master food philosophy, 'food combining': not the same Times News Online - tnonline.com - June 12th, 2022
- Green or Black Tea - Which is Better? - India West - June 4th, 2022
- What are the benefits of drinking tea? - indulgexpress - June 4th, 2022
- So Is Coffee Bad for You in Any Way? Here Are the Possible Benefits and Drawbacks of Drinking Coffee - Self - June 4th, 2022
- Drinking Habits That Speed Up Belly Fat Loss in Your 50s, Say Dietitians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Want to Live Longer? Keep Adding This to Your Morning Coffee - The Beet - June 4th, 2022
- Drink up, its tea-rrific - Bangalore Mirror - June 4th, 2022
- Superfoods and why you should eat them - The News International - June 4th, 2022
- 4 Drinks to Strengthen Your Bones As You Age, Say Dietitians Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Consuming This Beverage May Reduce Risk of Cancers, Say Experts Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Soothing teas to deal with painful menstrual cramps - India New England - June 4th, 2022
- Green Tea and Matcha Market will witness tremendous growth and COVID-19 analysis by 2029 The Greater Binghamton Business Journal - The Greater... - June 4th, 2022
- Healthy Habits That Are Proven To Make You Look Younger Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - June 4th, 2022
- Adaptogenic-rich Caffeinated Beverages May Help those with Fatigue According to Clarkson University Research - Clarkson University News - June 4th, 2022
- Health benefits of 'true tea' support including drink in dietary guidelines, researchers argue - FoodNavigator-USA.com - May 16th, 2022
- 5 Unexpected Benefits Of Caffeine That You May Not Know About - mindbodygreen.com - May 16th, 2022
- Does green tea help in reducing belly fat? - India Today - May 16th, 2022
- These 5 Ingredients Helped Me Improve The Texture On My Combination Skin | Femina.in - Femina - May 16th, 2022
- Green Tea vs. Coffee: Which Is Better for Your Health? - May 3rd, 2022
- Green Tea vs. Black Tea: Which Is Healthier? - May 3rd, 2022
- Can certain foods really stave off dementia? - Deccan Herald - May 3rd, 2022
- Foods That Can Cause Acne - YouBeauty - May 3rd, 2022
- The Global Green Tea Market is expected to grow by $ 5.48 bn during 2022-2026 progressing at a CAGR of 5.99% during the forecast period - Yahoo... - April 20th, 2022
- Take A Sip Of Freshly Made Strawberry Green Tea And Enjoy These Benefits | Femina.in - Femina - April 20th, 2022
- Green Tea and Covid: Is There a Relationship? - Healthline - April 7th, 2022
- 10 Japanese superfoods to boost your health - Japan Today - April 7th, 2022
- World Health Day 2022: Boost Your Health This Summer With These Immunity Boosting Foods - NDTV - April 7th, 2022
- Coffee and Ulcerative Colitis: What's the Relationship? - Healthline - April 7th, 2022
- What are the best supplements for weight loss? - Sportskeeda - April 7th, 2022
- Surprising benefits of green tea with honey - CitySpidey.com - March 26th, 2022
- Drinking habits that can speed up weight loss process - Times of India - March 26th, 2022
- Green Tea Face Mask: What Are the Benefits and How to Make ... - January 22nd, 2022
- The 21 Proven Health Benefits of Green Tea - FCER - January 22nd, 2022
- Ways Green Tea Supports Weight Loss, Says Science Eat ... - January 22nd, 2022
- 8 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Kombucha Tea - January 22nd, 2022
- Health Benefits of Green Tea Extract Cleveland Clinic - January 22nd, 2022
- Worker Claims Job 'Removed the Free Tea Flavor' Because They Were Using It in Viral Post - Newsweek - January 22nd, 2022
- The Health Benefits of Tea for Longevity - Livestrong - January 7th, 2022
- Add these 5 healthy beverages to your new year resolution & see the change | FNB News - fnbnews.com - January 7th, 2022
- Want to lose your holiday weight? 5 Teas that will help with weight management & aid weight loss - PINKVILLA - January 7th, 2022
- 7 effective tips to naturally detox your body | Loop St. Lucia - Loop News St. Lucia - January 7th, 2022
- Im a Longevity and Anti-Aging Expert, and This Is My Hot Drink of Choice - Well+Good - December 26th, 2021
- Enjoy teatime with these super healthy and delicious brews - The Indian Express - December 26th, 2021
- Tea and health - Sentinelassam - The Sentinel Assam - December 26th, 2021
- Eat These 14 Foods High in Antioxidants for Optimal Health - The Manual - December 13th, 2021
- Boost Immunity Naturally - Try These Basil (Tulsi) Drinks To Fight Infections - NDTV Food - December 13th, 2021
- Global Tea Markets Report 2021-2025 - Functional Benefits of Tea & New Product Launches Driving Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 27th, 2021
- Pomegranate Benefits on the Skin, Know here - News Track English - November 27th, 2021
- Type 2 diabetes: The best type of foods to help lower your blood sugars what to eat - Daily Express - November 27th, 2021
- 7 'Japanese' Foods No One Eats in Japan Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - November 27th, 2021
- What Is a Superfood, Anyway? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - November 12th, 2021
- 6 Types Of Drinks That Are Good For Your Health - Salon Priv Magazine - November 12th, 2021
- Tea recipes that can help protect from the side-effects of pollution - Times of India - November 12th, 2021
- CFTRI Develops a Technology that could be a New Source of Income for Coffee Growers - Krishi Jagran - November 12th, 2021
- Sanam Company & Flora Reserve Announce Launch of First-of-its-Kind Naox Derma Triple Antioxidant Concentrate Skincare Active Technology - Yahoo... - November 12th, 2021
- Matcha vs. green tea: Differences and benefits - November 1st, 2021
- Benefits of Green Tea With Ginseng | Livestrong.com - November 1st, 2021
- 10 Benefits of Drinking Green Tea in the Morning - November 1st, 2021
- Green tea discovery upends ideas about its health benefits - Futurity: Research News - November 1st, 2021
- 11 Jasmine Tea Benefits for Skin and Health - Greatist - November 1st, 2021
- Earl Grey Tea Benefits: Health, Uses, and Recipes - Greatist - November 1st, 2021
- Weight loss drink: The 8 benefits of 'one of the healthiest beverages on the planet' - Express - November 1st, 2021
- From Aiding Weight Loss To Boosting Immunity: 5 Health Benefits Of Drinking Black Tea - NDTV Food - November 1st, 2021
- Green tea catechins promote oxidative stress - EurekAlert - November 1st, 2021
- Nutritionists Say You Should Be Having This Tea Every Day Over 30 To Accelerate Your Metabolism - SheFinds - November 1st, 2021
- Are natural herbs and remedies beneficial for hepatitis C? - Medical News Today - November 1st, 2021
- How Much Green Tea Should be Consumed in a Day? Read on to Find Out - India.com - October 19th, 2021
- One Immune-Boosting Super-Ingredient Used 3 Ways: Green Tea - Healthline - October 19th, 2021
- The right time and way to have green tea for weight loss - Times of India - October 19th, 2021
- This Is Actually The Worst Tea For Your Metabolism, According To Doctors - SheFinds - October 19th, 2021
- The Global Tea Market is expected to grow by $ 16.20 bn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of 5.19% during the forecast period - Yahoo Finance - October 19th, 2021
- Green Tea Market 2021-2026: Size, Revenue, Growth, Share, Top Key Players, and Forecast EcoChunk - EcoChunk - October 19th, 2021
- Green tea can treat diabetes, ageing, and the right way to prepare it - Times of India - October 19th, 2021
- 3 Popular Types of Tea and Their Benefits - International Business Times - October 8th, 2021