Each season coordinates with an impulse of transition in eating. Seasonally, we can select foods and enjoy dietary changes that help us reset our health and wellness while enjoying eating locally in season. Taking the time for self informed care offers great opportunity to practice with intention. Setting goals and moving into a place of manifestation is a wonderful springtime activity.
In the spring, we have a sense of renewed joy - we see the natural world springing into life. Many songbirds have returned and the sound of their songs greets us each morning. Naturally, inspiring is the season and it provides us an opportunity to pause on some indulgences and allow our digestive system to reset. I believe that springtime is the best season for a cleanse because we are naturally more motivated and inspired with a renewed sense of energy. Over the winter most of us have eaten heavier comfort foods. In the springtime, we naturally feel the need to lighten and brighten up.
We truly have an opportunity to improve our health and vitality while eating mindfully. A healthy cleanse is focused on clearing out the gunk that collects in our digestive track and eliminating foods known to cause digestive sensitivities including foods commonly linked to digestive disorders. When we eliminate high calorie food, extra sugar, alcohol and remove food suspected to cause inflammation - we allow our digestive system an incredible opportunity to work better for us. Lets not forget that 90% of our serotonin is created in our gut. This factors into our emotional well-being and I hope to encourage people to eat cleaner throughout the year and to also be inspired to practice a spring cleanse yearly.
Cleanses are not encouraged if you have health risks, or suffer from an eating disorder or disordered eating. Please be mindful, healthy eating habits are important and I discourage jumping into a cleanse so you lose weight and get healthy quick. I believe a cleanse should be well researched and practiced with healthy intentions. Please be aware of what you are buying into with a cleanse program and definitely stay away from any gimmicky programs promoting weight loss. A healthy cleanse is focused on clearing out the gunk that collects in the digestive track and improving health.
Generally each year, I practice a deep cleanse in the spring and a lighter cleanse in the mid fall. My deep cleanse works like this 2 liquid meals a day and 1 main meal mid day, small snacks as necessary. I also use high quality supplements to support my body while detoxing and eliminating gunk. My deep cleanse eliminates all nightshades, dairy, gluten, sugar, alcohol, caffeine (other than alkaline green teas like matcha or Yerba mate) and processed food products. Its a 21-day program that I carry out for 28-35 days. I usually spend a week eliminating foods that I struggle eliminating. This first week helps to set myself up for success and keeps me feeling encouraged. The 1st week is the most difficult and any achievements really stoke my inspiration and keep me feeling committed. This deeper cleanse is helpful in reminding me the importance of clean eating for health throughout the year.
My lighter cleanse in the fall last for 30 days and it is mostly focused on nutritional supplements and detoxifying support through supplements. I find it is helpful as over the summer I might have indulged with a cocktail or party foods at an outdoor gathering or at the beach. (When not on a cleanse, I try my best to follow the 80%-20% principle with food choices, 80% clean 20% indulgences or allowances). Still, I am mindful of foods and do my best to eat as clean as I do on my spring cleanse.
I do use and follow two doctor backed cleanse protocols because I believe self-informed practices are best carried out under trusted science backed findings. If you are considering a cleanse, I suggest speaking to a qualified holistic nutritionist, holistic or integrative medical practitioner, or following a qualified expert whom has designed a safe program.
Thinking about a cleanse, but not wanting to over commit yourself to a cleanse program? Taking baby steps with cleansing offers incredible health benefits. Not everyone has the ability to dive deep into a cleanse. This is ok if its true for you too. There are still beneficial and easy ways to incorporate an appropriate fitting cleanse or cleaner eating into your lifestyle. Keeping it simple will help you find an easy way to get yourself in the cleanse groove.
One way you can experience amazing health benefits while flushing out toxins is by drinking Celery Juice. Celery juice enjoyed daily has many benefits. Not only does celery juice reduce inflammation, it also works as a deep natural detox and flushes waste accumulation and toxins from the body. Celery juice also improves the appearance and health of the skin. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients - vitamins A, C, K, folate, calcium, magnesium, sodium, as well as other vitamins and nutrients, makes celery juicing a superfood ritual not to be missed.
Suggested use is 16 oz. each morning on an empty stomach, eat nothing for 15/20 minutes. If your experiencing chronic health issues you can double your drink to 32 oz. Readers please be aware celery juice moves things out of the intestines very quickly after drinking. My best advice for drinking celery juice is to be sure you eat clean after consuming. Celery juice is alkalizing, dont drink acidic drinks like coffee after consuming celery juice, rather a cup of warm green tea, or water is best consumed after you have drunk your juice. Youll feel energized from the alkaline, nutrient rich and cleansing benefits of celery juice. If your short on time you can juice the night before, only if necessary. Truly celery juice, as with any juice, is best consumed fresh. I suggest rinsing and prepping your celery the night before, this eliminates the morning prep and makes juicing and then cleaning up your juicer a quicker task.
Add in an appropriate amount of water per day based on both the American Academy of Science, Engineering, and Medicine and Mayo Clinic recommend men drink 3.7 liters and women drink 2.7 liters of water per day. Drinking the recommended amount of water per day supports healthy body temperature, hydrates and helps to cushion the joints and also serves to protect sensitive tissues.
Lemon Essential Oil has cleansing benefits. CIEO (citrus limon essential oil) is alkalizing and is safe for teeth and gums. Lemon Essential Oil also aids in removing waste through urination, the bowels, and perspiration - supporting elimination and detox naturally and gently. Add 1 drop of lemon oil to 8 oz. of water. Try adding 1-2 drops to 16-32 oz. of water if your sensitive or new to ingesting essential oil. Studies have shown that Lemon Essential Oil supports healthy digestion and can soothe and aid in relieving symptoms such as gastritis and constipation. It also detoxes the blood & liver and supports lymphatic drainage.
Can CIEO help promote weight loss? Lemon essential oil contains d-limolene, known to support metabolism and cleanse lymphatic glands. Healthy metabolism and cleansing the lymph system are shown to support weight loss. Based on a 12-week animal study with lemon polyphenols (taken from lemon peel) and given to mice, The Journal of Biochemistry and Nutrition, published results showing that weight gain, fat pad accumulation, hyperlipidemia, hypoglycemia and insulin resistance were greatly suppressed.
Lemon Essential Oil has also been found to have antioxidant benefits shown to better scavenge free radicals than compared to standard ascorbic acid. Antioxidants are important for health and vitality. Drinking warm water with 1 drop of Lemon Essential Oil is a daily practice of mine I enjoy each morning after my celery juice and before my tea.
Thinking of baby steps with cleansing? Let me suggest a cleaner day of eating or a cleanse day. Simply choose1 day each week and stick to the day. Be committed to having one day each week where you eat cleanse like. There are lots of yummy dietician and doctor approved recipes for smoothies, soups, juices, greens, and salads that will provide you with healthy meals for the day. Eating lite is also beneficial for meditation and yoga practices. You could capitalize on that benefit and give yourself a DIY at home day of retreat and relaxation. Add in self-care techniques - a massage, followed by an Epsom salt bath infused with essential oils of Frankincense and Lavender for some pure bliss.
Other ways to eat cleaner need some discipline just like a cleanse, but they are possible to achieve with focus and mindful intention. Simply eliminate processed foods - even the healthy ones in the natural food section, eliminate alcohol and added sugars. Cut back on gluten, dairy and meat and include more legumes, vegetables and fiber in your diet. Consuming dark leafy greens such as chard, spinach and kale have many health benefits as they are loaded with vitamins and minerals. Experimenting with eating greens on a cleanse or on a cleanse day eating regime will help you find ways to enjoy eating greens when you are not cleansing or eating clean on a designated day. Adding a nice size salad to a meal each day will help you have more fiber and nutrient rich greens in your diet. It is a simple and an easy baby step in healthier eating.
Be sure to further support your cleanse by practicing various yoga postures such as forward folds, twists and back bends. These postures gently squeeze and massage the digestive organs, liver and kidneys aiding in cleanse support. Meditation, pranayama - yogic breathing practices, and practices such as yoga nidra reduce stress and promote relaxation. These practices are beneficial during a cleanse because they cultivate peace and equanimity.
Cleansing our emotions and mind is another important part of practicing a holistic cleanse. Taking the time to slow down and experience extra nourishment provides an incredible opportunity of transformation by cultivating healthier habits. Journaling can be part of the success of enjoying your cleanse. Considering what you can let go of, healthier habits your desire, or fitness and wellness goals you have can help you remain committed to the process of carrying out a cleanse or staying focused on cleaner eating.
If your seeking support with a cleanse protocol, or are in need of complete rejuvenation, I invite you to join me for my yoga, wellness and beauty ritual offerings. You will experience natural solutions for informed self-care, exceptional yoga instruction and incredible holistic skincare products.
If your interested in a curated yoga, wellness or beauty rituals, I would love to work with you. Please email me email@example.com my website to learn more about services atwww.michelledaviswellness.com
Disclaimer - if you have eating disorders or disordered eating, please consult your physician before choosing to practice a nutritional cleanse.
MichelleDavisis an esthetician, Reiki practitioner, yoga instructor and owner of Essential Wellness in Keene.
Read the original here:
Springtime a Season to Cleanse, Renew and Rejuvenate - The Keene Sentinel
- Green tea: Not only helps in losing belly fat but also boosts your metabolism - Times of India - June 21st, 2022
- Iced Tea: Health Benefits Of Consuming This Refreshing Drink | TheHealthSite.com - TheHealthSite - June 21st, 2022
- Nucific Bio X4 Review: Is It The Best Supplement For Weight Loss? - The Island Now - June 21st, 2022
- Amazing Health Benefits of Thyme: A Medicinal Herb - Krishi Jagran - June 21st, 2022
- Baltimore Company Equitea Rolls Out First Batch Of Canned Tea - CBS Baltimore - June 21st, 2022
- Dust tea or whole leaf tea? As debate continues, here's the actual answer | FNB News - fnbnews.com - June 21st, 2022
- Tea Therapy: 5 Natural teas you should try to calm your mind during stress - PINKVILLA - June 21st, 2022
- Ready to drink tea & coffee market expected to deliver dynamic progression | FNB News - fnbnews.com - June 21st, 2022
- From kahwa to tandoori chai, different kinds of teas from across the country - The Indian Express - June 21st, 2022
- Breastfeeding supplements to increase milk supply: Effectiveness and choosing - Medical News Today - June 21st, 2022
- This Herb Shows Promise In Boosting Male Sex Drive & Fertility - mindbodygreen.com - June 21st, 2022
- 2 Types of Super Brain Foods to Defeat Dementia and Alzheimer's - The Epoch Times - June 21st, 2022
- 8 Healthy and Delicious Types of Iced Tea to Make This Summer - AARP - June 12th, 2022
- VitalFlow Reviews - Is it Effective for Prostate Problems? Don't Buy Vital Flow Until You Read This! - MarylandReporter.com - June 12th, 2022
- Are You Including These Essentials in Your Diet? - State-Journal.com - June 12th, 2022
- Ready-to-Drink Tea Market to Forsee Commendable Growth of US$ 70.5 Bn By 2032, Due To Growing Demand for Healthier Substitutes to Carbonated Drinks |... - June 12th, 2022
- Global Health and Wellness Foods Market to Reach $1 Trillion by 2026 - Yahoo Finance - June 12th, 2022
- Mother and daughter's dream teas success - NutraIngredients.com - June 4th, 2022
- 4 Potential Side Effects of the Paleo Diet - Healthline - May 16th, 2022
- Ways to improve your health in less than a minute - Southern Courier - May 16th, 2022
- From Immune Function and Cognition to Cardiovascular Health and Cancer Prevention - Health Benefits of Tea Revealed by Researchers from Across the... - May 3rd, 2022
- The Health Benefits Of Drinking Kombucha - Tasting Table - May 3rd, 2022
- COVID-19 and antibiotic resistance: What is the link? - Medical News Today - May 3rd, 2022
- Arthritis: Green tea may help 'block' the production of molecules that cause joint damage - Express - May 3rd, 2022
- 10 Delicious Smoothie Ingredients Dietitians Say Will Boost Your Longevity - Well+Good - May 3rd, 2022
- Not all beverages are bad for diabetes patients. Hibiscus tea, cinnamon drinks keep blood sugar in check - Economic Times - May 3rd, 2022
- 'Brain food': Can eating certain things help prevent dementia? - The Irish Times - May 3rd, 2022
- Skin Care for Rosacea: 7 FAQs About Ingredients, How To, and More - Healthline - May 3rd, 2022
- At 6.0% of CAGR Green Tea Market Share will increase and aimed to cross US$ 21456.2 million in 2027 - Digital Journal - April 20th, 2022
- What Happens to Your Blood Sugar When You Drink Tea Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - April 20th, 2022
- Quercetin: What It Is, How Much You Need, and Where to Find It - Everyday Health - April 20th, 2022
- Stir up something refreshing this summer with these iced tea brands in India - Lifestyle Asia India - April 20th, 2022
- Climate change and war are threatening coffee cultivation's future: Study - Egypt Today - April 20th, 2022
- Cuzen Matcha Maker review: How to make matcha with the press of a button - Reviewed - April 20th, 2022
- How to Improve Your Heart Health Quickly and Naturally - Healthline - April 20th, 2022
- Your Guide To Keeping Your Liver Healthy And Fighting Fit All Through The Year - NDTV Swirlster - April 20th, 2022
- Easy exercises for staying fit and managing weight this Ramadan - The Daily Star - April 20th, 2022
- Moringa (Drumstick Tree): Benefits, Safety, Dosage, and More - Everyday Health - April 20th, 2022
- Synapse XT Reviews 2022: A Real Tinnitus Supplement Or Fake One? - Blog - The Island Now - April 7th, 2022
- New Hollings head and neck cancer researcher brings expertise in biomarkers and immunotherapy - Medical University of South Carolina - April 7th, 2022
- Which tea has the most caffeine? - Medical News Today - March 26th, 2022
- TestoPrime Review 2022 | Research, Studies & Results on Testo prime - Firstpost - March 26th, 2022
- The Real Reason Green Tea Might Make You Nauseated - Mashed - January 22nd, 2022
- The Most Popular Types Of Oranges Ranked - Tasting Table - January 22nd, 2022
- The 5:2 diet: A popular way of intermittent fasting to lose weight - The Indian Express - December 26th, 2021
- How to live longer: The cholesterol-lowering drink to add disease-free years to your life - Express - December 13th, 2021
- Blood pressure has spiked during the pandemic, but these tips can help you lower yours - PhillyVoice.com - December 13th, 2021
- Cant Fall Asleep? These Vitamin Deficiencies Could Be Behind Your Insomnia - The Better India - December 13th, 2021
- Why You Shouldnt Use Menthol Lozenges If You Have a Sore Throat, According to an ENT Doc - Well+Good - December 13th, 2021
- Keoni CBD Gummies Reviews - ( Scam Or Legit ) Is It Worth For You? - Kent Reporter - November 27th, 2021
- 12 of the best items to include in a chemo care package - Medical News Today - November 27th, 2021
- Isolated systolic hypertension: Definition, symptoms, and more - Medical News Today - November 27th, 2021
- Should You Take Green Tea at Night or Right Before Hitting Bed? Here's What we Know - India.com - October 19th, 2021
- It's Official: Green Tea Is Basically a Miracle Health Beverage - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 19th, 2021
- Keoni CBD Gummies Reviews - ( Scam Or Legit ) Is It Worth For You? - The Daily World - October 19th, 2021
- Alzheimers Q&A: Can drinking tea reduce the risk of cognitive decline in older adults? - The Advocate - October 19th, 2021
- Heart attack: Best diet to improve cardiometabolic benefits and reduce risk new study - Daily Express - October 19th, 2021
- Dr. Amy Lee's Nucific BIO-X4 Has Over 5,000 Positive Reviews 4-in-1 probiotic helps support gut health while reducing unhealthy cravings - PRNewswire - October 19th, 2021
- Bloating: Causes, Tips to Debloat, and More - Healthline - October 19th, 2021
- What foods and drinks will make us feel healthier? - The Jerusalem Post - October 8th, 2021
- What Is the Portfolio Diet, and Does It Lower Cholesterol? - Healthline - July 26th, 2021
- 50 Health Tips Every Man Should Know - 24/7 Wall St. - July 26th, 2021
- Health Benefits of Tart Cherry Juice: Drink it For Sleep Apnea - The Beet - July 11th, 2021
- What is phytotherapy; know everything about its healthy side - Times of India - July 11th, 2021
- EXPLAINER: Partial to a cup of coffee or tea? Here's all you need to know about caffeine! - Leinster Leader - July 11th, 2021
- Do Detox Diets Work? Here's How to Do it the Healthy Way - The Beet - July 1st, 2021
- Health Benefits of Celery Juice: Should You Try it? - The Beet - July 1st, 2021
- Teabags For Sunburn Relief - How To Apply Tea On Sunburns - Women's Health - June 15th, 2021
- Dry Scooping Pre-workout Powder Is the Latest Dangerous Trend to Hit TikTok - Self - June 15th, 2021
- Number of siblings and cardiovascular health: Study explores link - Medical News Today - June 2nd, 2021
- Green Tea Market Demand Analysis in 2020, Global Revenue, Top Companies Growth Forecast to 2027 Renewable Energy Zone - Renewable Energy Zone - June 2nd, 2021
- Monk fruit: Benefits, how to eat, and more - Medical News Today - June 2nd, 2021
- International Tea Day: 5 Myths About Tea You Should Stop Believing Today - NDTV Food - May 22nd, 2021
- Best Anti-Inflammatory FoodsPlus What To Avoid - Forbes - May 22nd, 2021
- Changing consumer taste, increasing health concerns, and growing in product offering continues to fuel green tea market globally The Courier - The... - May 22nd, 2021
- Can Too Much Sleep Cause Depression? What To Know - Healthline - May 22nd, 2021
- 7 Foods and Drinks That May Cause Cloudy Urine - Healthline - May 22nd, 2021
- Wellbutrin Weight Loss - Bupropion Antidepressants that Cause Weight Loss - L.A. Weekly - May 22nd, 2021
- Popular Drinks That Are Wrecking Your Body, Say Dietitians - Eat This, Not That - May 22nd, 2021
- The Secrets of Potentiating The Natural Kratom - UrbanMatter - May 22nd, 2021